Blurb

Hello, this blog covers all the research and planning into our slasher film opening, Camp Ivy. Co-produced with Kate and Millie, and influenced from films such as Friday the 13th and set in a rural location inspired by Eden Lake.

Sunday 30 September 2012

Final Cut Express - First Impressions

When starting media studies this year I had no idea what software we would be using to edit videos on. I had  heard of final cut pro as being very good so when I initially heard we were using final cut express I presumed it would also be a very good and clever piece of software.

When first getting shown how to use final cut express it looked very complicated but within a few minutes it became very easy and logical to work it out. It seemed very good at what we needed to do for editing the short preliminary video we made and it was easy cut and add transitions when necessary. However for our short video we didn't use many of the options that final cut express provides and I think it would take a long to figure out everything on the software and how it all works. 

I really liked how easily it could completely change a video and adapt it to make it look so much better. The only thing I found complicated when I used the software was importing and exporting the original and finished video as I thought wasn't obvious and there wasn't a clear indication of how to do this.

No comments:

Post a Comment